Sunday, January 24, 2021

Action PC Football Fantasy 1970 League Draft Results

Finally got my league all setup and what a weird fantasy draft it was for 1970. Some of the noticeable weird things:

  • Bradshaw and Staubach BOTH ended up on the Steelers. The draft was totally random too so I had nothing to do with that!

  • My early season prediction to win it all is Washington Redskins. They got Csonka and Kiick as well as QB Jim Hart. They also beat me week one 10-0 (I was the Jets) and their defense is just plain nasty.

  • Dick Butkus was drafted by Detroit with the 8th pick

  • Sonny Jurgensen was draft by Green Bay with pick 16 and in week one threw for 278 yards and 2 TD's

  • Daryle Lamonica went to Houston and he had 300 yards passing against Green Bay in week one.

Speaking of the Jets I drafted for them and took Namath so that much stayed true. I drafted Biletnikoff and Sauer but didn't really get a good running back. Also have Alex Karras on my defensive line.

My first game coaching in a while and I lost 10-0 and just could not move the ball. I didn't get blown out but I started Gary Cuozzo at QB and later Namath came in and threw for 104 yards but it was too late by then. Below is the summary. 

Other results for week one are starting to roll in including Buffalo who is ranked number one so far in scoring after they drubbed Oakland 29-13 behind Joe Kapp's 201 yards passing and 3 TD passes. He also had one rushing TD. Sadly Dave Robinson was injured and lost for 13 weeks (torn patellar tendon).




No comments:

Post a Comment